Saturday, May 20, 2017

How I walk my pigs

Hi guys! So I have been doing 4-h for a while, So I thought I would teach you how I walk my  pig. Here is a pig body chart guide to help you out.

Image result for pig body part chart
OK! So, the first couple of times you practice with your hog, you must be strict. If the hog goes the wrong way, You are going to have to whip him pretty hard (only do this in the beginning! you don't want bruises!).
So to turn left tap the right side of his jowl. To make him go right, tap the left side of the jowl. To make the pig go forward, you have to hit the back legs. Don't hit the hams because this will bruise the meat. To make your pig stop, hold your whip on his snout. To make the pig go, Tap his back or his sides.  keep the pig between you and the judge. Look at the judge in the face. Keep about 12 feet away from the judge. Walk forward, left right, and backwards. Keep yourself in the judges eye as much as possible. GOOD LUCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment